Rosacea Symptoms and Treatments
Facial skin is one of the most sensitive parts of the body; that is why it is commonly been affected by different diseases that can cause damage on it. Some of the common types of skin problems that occur in the face are acne, dark spots and allergies. Some of these can be cured but some rarely cause too much destroying effects on the face. These common skin diseases can affect young ones, especially teenagers, but did you know that there is also this skin disease that can affect people above 30 years old? Yes, there is and it is commonly known as Rosacea.
Rosacea is often mistaken as acne or allergic reaction because it also causes red pus-filled bumps in the face. It commonly affected women than men but with the less severe effect. It usually occurs on a person that has a fair skin than those with dark skin. The exact cause of Rosacea is not yet proven, but there are some that are saying that it is due to sun damage, abnormal reaction of the skin and it can also run through the families. But whatever it is, this kind of disease should not be disregarded because it can cause too much damage if it is not properly treated. If you suffer from rosacea we recommend contacting your skin specialist to see what rosacea treatment is best suited for you.
What are the Symptoms of Rosacea?
- Flushing of the face
- Redness of some part of the face
- Small lumpy red spots on the face
- Sensitivity to light
- Itchy eyes
- Unwanted feeling of there are something in the eyes
- Thickening of the skin
- Red nose
- Burning feeling in the face
- Watery eyes
Having skin disease such as Rosacea is a hard situation to experience; this cannot just affect your physical condition but also your emotional and psychological feeling. Because of it you are developing a certain shyness and loss of confidence in yourself, the way on how you communicate with other people are also being affected. This kind of skin disease is really different than those usual acne or pimples that you are experiencing because this one is quite dangerous. If you are experiencing such condition it is necessary that you must immediately consult a dermatologist that will best help you in your problem.
What is the Treatment for Rosacea?
There is really no cure for Rosacea but there are many things that you can do to reduce the symptoms of it,some of it is the following:
- Since sunlight can cause too much damage on the skin it is important to avoid yourself on too much exposure on it, as much as possible you can use sunscreen to assure that you are well protected.
- Do not perform outdoor activity when you know that the weather is hot.
- Avoid stressing of yourself, to do that you can try yoga and dance exercises that will make you feel relax and comfortable.
- Switch to a healthy lifestyle, eat healthy foods and avoid drinking alcoholic beverages.
Living healthy and maintaining a clean body is the best thing that you can do to avoid having such skin problem like Rosacea.